WestPoint re-aligns basic bedding group
-- Home Textiles Today, 12/14/2004 12:27:00 PM
WEST POINT , Ga.– WestPoint Stevens is integrating its Basic Bedding Division, pulling together its marketing, product development and sourcing areas to streamline operations.
The three units will be integrated under Ida Moran, who has been promoted to vice president - marketing, product development and sourcing for basic bedding. She formerly was vice president - basic bedding sourcing from 2001 and has been with WestPoint Stevens since 1998.
"Our global sourcing has experienced tremendous growth, and it’s obvious that the development and marketing of our products are closely tied to sourcing," said Basic Bedding Division President Art Birkins. "The synergy of the three functions will be much stronger in a consolidation under the direction of one person."
Other moves in the restructuring include the promotion of Jackie Zutler to director - marketing and Shazia Shah to product manager – sourcing. WestPoint has hired Aimee Ferraro as product manager - sourcing. All of the new assignments are effective immediately.
Zutler had been director - creative service for basic bedding since joining the company in 2002. Shah, who also joined WPS in 2002, was previously associate product manager – sourcing. Ferraro spent the past five years as a product manager at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
All three will report to Moran, as will members of the product development team located at various basic bedding facilities.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...