Madonna promoted at Newport News
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/1/2002 12:00:00 AM
New York — Geralynn Madonna has been promoted to president and coo of Newport News, a unit of The Spiegel Group.
Madonna had been executive vp, merchandising and advertising. As president, she succeeds George Ittner, who had been president and ceo and now assumes the position of chairman and ceo. She continues to report to Ittner.
Madonna joined Newport News in 1981 when it was known as Avon Fashions. "She has played a critical role in the growth of Newport News, enhancing our brand positioning and developing innovative sub-brands that strengthened our connection with customers," Ittner said.
Newport News is a direct marketer of moderately priced home decor and women's apparel.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...