Commonwealth Debuts Voiles
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/14/2008 12:00:00 AM
Voile has been around for awhile, but at this week's New York Home Fashions Market, Commonwealth Home Fashions hopes to reposition it as something younger consumers can make part of their lifestyle.
"Voile is a football," said Barry Goodman, vp of national accounts. "We're trying to re-energize voile, give it a better handle, appeal to a younger customer."
Commonwealth's new line of Rhapsody Voile curtains aims to combine the romance and elegance of sheer voile with contemporary colors. "Our voile is a dense weave, which gives it a more luxurious look and feel and results in more even light diffusion," said Goodman. Packaging will be "a little bit more funky," he added.
Colors will be bold and bright. Panels will have a French tuck on the bottom and some panels will have vertical banding in contrasting colors. The idea is to create voile that can stand on its own.
"Rather than the run-of-mill, $6.99 to $9.99 voile, we want to have a better quality. We're looking at the middle to better tier retailers," Goodman said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...