Cindy Crawford Swings into JCPenney
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 9/15/2009 12:00:00 AM
At the New York Market —
JCPenney’s executive home team, headed by ceo Mike Ullman and Cindy Crawford, last week celebrated the formal launch of the Cindy Crawford Style home collection.
The Cindy Crawford Style collection embraces the full spectrum of home furnishings at Penney, and has been pegged as among the largest launches for the home division, on the scale of the company’s private brand, Linden Street.
The collection made its debut at the company’s first store in Manhattan here in late July, as well as in a few other stores, primarily in the metro Dallas market. The full rollout is now underway, with completion expected mid-month. At this point in the rollout, “Cindy is outselling Linden Street by three to one,” said Jeff Allison, executive vp.
While it is still too early to identify specific winners, the throw in the collection has been an especially strong seller.
The launch party featured a showcase of products across the collection’s merchandise spectrum. Vendor guests included Springs Global, the master home licensee for Cindy Crawford, and supplier of bed and bath ensembles; Peking Handicraft, the supplier for free-standing window treatments; and the rug supplier Mohawk. Business and consumer press attended in abundance.
The following night Crawford was scheduled for an appearance at Penney’s Manhattan flagship store to participate in the international celebration Fashion’s Night Out.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...