HD honored for design excellence
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/6/2001 12:00:00 AM
UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ —
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions added another award to its trophy case last month.
The hard window coverings manufacturer, based here, won a bronze award for its Duette with UltraGlide honeycomb shade during the 2001 Industrial Design Excellence Awards held in Broomfield, CO. The event was sponsored by the Industrial Designers Society of America along with Business Week magazine.
Out of 1,260 participants, there were 44 golds, 63 silvers and 82 bronzes awarded. Criteria included design innovation, benefit to the user, benefit to the client/business, ecological responsibility, and appropriate aesthetics and appeal. Duette won the bronze in the Fixtures subcategory of the furniture category and was the only window covering that received an award.
"We are delighted that Duette with UltraGlide has received the IDEA award," said Todd Steele, vp, Honeycomb business unit, Hunter Douglas. "This unique operating system has also been very successful in the field, with sales 12 percent ahead of projected revenues to date."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...