DMA honors Spiegel Grp. chairman
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/5/2001 12:00:00 AM
DOWNERS GROVE, IL —
Michael Otto, chairman of The Spiegel Group, has been inducted into the Direct Marketing Association's Hall of Fame, one of the highest professional honors in direct and interactive marketing.
Martin Zaepfel, vice chairman, president and ceo of The Spiegel Group, accepted the award on behalf of Otto at the Direct Marketing Association's 84th annual conference and exhibition in Chicago.
"Dr. Otto has contributed significantly to the growth of the Otto Group, which has become the world's largest direct marketing group under his leadership," said Zaepfel.
The Otto Group is the parent company of Spiegel.
Zaepfel continued, "Dr. Otto's strategic direction has enabled the Otto Group's global network to combine its old economy strengths with new economy opportunities in innovative ways. In addition to being a successful business leader, Dr. Otto has not lost sight of his social responsibility towards people and the environment."
With sales of more than $21 billion in fiscal year 2000, the Otto Group has more than 76,000 employees in 23 countries in Europe, America and Asia. In e-commerce, the Otto Group is second worldwide behind Amazon in the business-to-consumer segment with online sales of more than $1 billion.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...