Young RISD Designers to Present
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/2/2008 12:00:00 AM
Providence, R.I. —
A dozen masters students from the Rhode Island School of Design's [RISD] Textile Department will present selections of their work at a public event at New York Design Center on June 5 from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
New York Design Center is located at 200 Lexington Ave., and the young designers will be present to discuss their work.
The one-day showcase highlights work that began last fall guided by Sherri Donghia, executive vp of Donghia, Inc., within her project entitled "New Materials." With her background in both fashion and interiors, Donghia guided the graduate students in applicable design solutions.
The work ranges from apparel to interior fabrics — some hand produced, some designed as prototypes for industrial production. The event is open to the public.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...