Kmart expands layaway program to Internet
-- Home Textiles Today, 10/6/2009 8:28:00 AM
Hoffman Estates, Ill. – Kmart today announced it will launch an online layaway program Friday, Oct. 9. Consumers can pick up their layaway purchases at a local Kmart store after they’ve completed payment.
As with in-store layaway, consumers have eight weeks to pay for their merchandise. Payments can be made online or in stores. The service includes a $5 initiation fee in most states and requires the shopper to put down a deposit of $15 or 10%, whichever is greater.
The online program includes calculator outlining payment schedules for each layaway contract as well as e-mail alerts reminding participants when their payments are due.
"We have an entire generation of customers that grew up shopping online," said Mark Snyder, chief marketing officer, Kmart. "Launching online layaway at Kmart engages these customers by allowing them to spread their payments out over time and better plan their spending."
Online layaway is also available at Sears. Kmart said its in-store layaway business grew by double-digits in 2008.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...