By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/1/2006 12:00:00 AM
Wal-Mart Shuffles Home Merchants
Wal-Mart is reshuffling some home merchandising responsibilities among its senior vice presidents and general merchandise managers. Lucy Cindric, who formerly headed apparel, will now oversee seasonal and soft home, including bed and bath. Paul Beahm is shifting out of soft home to cover the hard home division, including hardware, housewares, home furnishings, small appliances, lawn and garden, stationery and paint.
Cindric will be replaced in apparel by Karen Stuckey, who formerly worked with the New York trend office. All three will continue to report to Claire Watts, executive vp of merchandising and apparel.
Martha Stewart: a Macy's Home Tithing
The Martha Stewart Collection that will launch exclusively at Macy's in fall 2007 is targeting about $400 million in sales, or roughly 10% of the nameplate's $4 billion in home furnishings volume, according to Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (MSLO).
MSLO will add staff soon to help develop the line, said Susan Lyne, president and ceo, during a quarterly conference call with analysts last week. That investment will range up to $1 million this year as MSLO works with Macy's to create merchandise tailored to the department store's “more upscale” customer.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...