Riviera teams up with Portico Home
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/24/2008 1:13:00 PM
New York -- San Francisco-based designer Jodi Riviera has joined the Portico Home & Spa team as chief creative director.
Riviera, who counts Crate & Barrel and Williams-Sonoma among her clients for home design, is also pursuing a “Green MBA” from Dominican University in California—a program that studies the philosophy of business values as they relate to environmental sustainability.
“Over the years, we’ve seen Jodi’s wealth of talents and abilities that is in line with the Portico design and product vision,” said Charles Schlang, who owns the brand with Gregg Haft.
Portico is being positioned as an environmentally committed and socially responsible home furnishings brand. The brand was acquired last year by Haft, who is also the owner of Fayette, and Schlange, owner of Renaissance America. Fayette and Renaissance share offices and frequently contract work to one another.
Portico Home textiles products, targeted for a late spring ’09 launch, will be made of 100% certified organic cotton, using certified low-impact, fiber-reactive dyes in processes that have a 70% absorption rate to minimize waste. Processing will be certified for each stage of manufacturing, according to Haft.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...