HEB supermarket chain tests textiles
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/11/2006 11:55:00 AM
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – Regional food retailing chain HEB, which serves upwards of 150 communities throughout Texas and Mexico, has begun testing textiles along with other new general merchandise categories in its newly opened Plus! store format.
The retailer’s new bed and bath category offers customers towels, bedding, sheets, pillows and bathroom accessories. HEB Plus! stores feature 40,000 new SKUs in the categories of furniture, bed and bath, healthy living, school and crafts, and Texas Backyard, an indoor/outdoor garden center. Each department has its own distinct color on signage and walls.
The newest Plus! stores offering textiles include a 190,000-square-foot store sited 18 miles north of Austin; an equal-sized store in Corpus Christi; and a 161,000-square-foot unit in San Antonio. Another Plus! store will open in Round Rock in the near future.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...