Jewel the face of Carpenter consumer campaign
-- Home Textiles Today, 7/20/2009 2:44:00 PM
Jewel will take part in the company’s “Sleep Better. Dream Bigger” effort, a project sponsored by Carpenter’s consumer-oriented resource for health information and sleep advice, www.sleepbetter.org.
The program, which kicked off July 15, will conclude in August with a concert in Jewel’s hometown of Stephen, Texas, where she lives on a working ranch with her husband, champion bull-rider Ty Murray. Over the coming month, the singer – who recently released a collection of lullabies -- will appear on several television programs to promote the importance of a good night’s sleep.
“Jewel recognizes as much as anyone the straight line that can be drawn between sleeping well and dreaming big, and she will help us amplify that message across the country,” said Dan Schecter, vp, sales and marketing of consumer products at Carpenter.
Also as part of the campaign, journalist/novelist Dan Gearino is taking up residence in Stephenville, where he will write blogs about local citizens’ hopes and dreams for the sleepbetter site. The 111-year-old home from which he will work serves as headquarters for a showroom of sleep products. Visitors to the home can take a quiz to determine their ZzzzScore.
This new Carpenter Co. campaign is Jewel's second such advertising gig this year in the home textiles product category. Earlier this year, she signed on as upscale area rug manufacturer Karastan's 2009 "Make a Statement" print publication advertising campaign.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...