Avanti Linens Acquires Tweel
By Cecile B. Corral -- Home Textiles Today, 3/8/2009 12:00:00 AM
Moonachie, N.J. —
Longtime family owned and operated embellished towel company Avanti Linens has acquired certain assets of table linens, kitchen textiles and decorative bath coordinates supplier Tweel Home Furnishings.
Don Tweel, formerly president of Tweel, joins Avanti's team as svp, marketing.
Arthur Tauber, founder, chairman and ceo of Avanti, said the addition of Tweel presents "a tremendous plus...strengthening our positioning in the decorative bath business while putting us in the table linens, decorative pillows and kitchen textiles businesses."
The acquisition also affords Avanti the opportunity to gain business with new key retail accounts to whom Tweel Home sells its products.
Avanti, which for most of its existence centered on embellished towel ensembles, has in recent years expanded its offerings to include more coordinating bath products and giftable bath items.
Tweel Home is known for its novelty looks, many of them licensed designs by artists.
In time for market and to accommodate the newly expanded company and its broadened breadth of offerings, Avanti has relocated its New York City showroom to a larger space on the 15th floor at 295 Fifth Ave.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...