Howard to Oversee Operations at AAFES
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/16/2006 12:00:00 AM
Dallas — —
Dallas —The Army & Air Force Exchange Service's military leadership has named cfo Michael Howard the $8.7 billion retailer's new coo as of Oct. 21.
“AAFES faces the toughest financial picture in 2007 and 2008 that it has faced in many years,” said AAFES commander Maj. Gen. Essex. “Capital programs … and re-stationing are very costly, competition outside the gate is increasing, and the need for military morale, welfare and recreation dividends will only continue to grow.” The exchange service is undertaking several initiatives to improve retail operations, including supply chain and merchandising upgrades and as a major IT installation.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...