Draper Inspires Sferra Wonderland Collection
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/17/2008 12:00:00 AM
Edison, N.J. —
Sferra is channeling Dorothy Draper, the influential mid-century American interior designer, in its 1891 by Sferra collection for spring/summer.
"She was the first to say that everything didn't have to exactly match, that it was OK to pair a striped wall with a floral chintz chair and have it look fantastic," said Aaron Stewart, Sferra's creative director.
The Draper-inspired Wonderland Collection consists of two bed offerings. Greenbrier is a classic floral print of marigolds and roses paired with lavender strips. The cotton sateen duvet and shams feather the 1891 signature scallop stitch for extra flair. Camellia is a cotton percale sheet decked with embroidered woodland flowers kept in order by a thin strip of green linen piping.
Pillow options for Greenbrier include Park View, a linen pillow in neutral birch with embroidery; Top Notch, linen pleats in apple green with pink panels of embellished buds; trellis, a dramatic lavender dupioni silk showcasing red and yellow embroidered flowers; and Dorothy, a soft linen featuring pink and red stain-stitched blooms on a lemondrop ground.
The Metropolitan bed updates the chain-stitch in aquamarine with pops of white for contrast. The Stoneleigh sheet offers counterpoint with pen-and-ink style vignettes of peacocks in tall grass.
To accessorize the Metropolitan bed, Idlewild is a dupioni silk pillow with an ocean-hued palm frond embroidery; Sutton offers curves of embroidered thread on a dupioni silk surface; Front Door displays a tableau of peacocks and fruit trees on a cotton and linen ground; and Looking Glass features an elaborately scrolled mirror with silver threads on a on ivory linen ground.
In the main Sferra luxury collection, the company has added two designs to the Shangri-La Collection. Leily in a champagne tone features wandering flowers and leaves finished with punto ombra hem treatment. Edmond in spice tones offers thistles and swirling leaves offsetting a scrolling woven paisley design.
In table linens, Sferra will introduce Taylor, a linen/cotton blend featuring a botanical motif. Tablecloths and napkins will be offered in auburn, grass, ivory, pecan and white, finished with a plain hem.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...