Shaw among sponsors in Masco eco-home program
-- Home Textiles Today, 7/7/2009 12:40:00 PM
Dalton, Ga. – Shaw Industries Group Inc. has become a sponsor of Masco Home Services Inc.’s “Environments For Living” program.
The national turn-key program is designed to assist builders in constructing and marketing green homes that offer energy efficiency, indoor environmental quality and durability benefits.
It is a performance-based residential building program “committed to the objective of building homes that meet the demands of competitive builders, energy-conscious homebuyers and emerging communities planning for a more sustainable future,” Shaw explained.
The flagship level, the Environments For Living Certified Green program, includes additional specifications in areas such as indoor water efficiency, lighting and appliance efficiency.
As the exclusive floor covering sponsor for this Masco program, Shaw will feature carpets produced with its Anso-branded nylon, which includes post consumer-carpet recycled content. The covering, in conjunction with all of Shaw’s Type 6 Nylon styles, can be recycled at Shaw’s Evergreen Recycling Plant in Augusta, Ga. Furthermore, Anso nylon products meet the Environments For Living Certified Greenprogram’s flooring specifications for indoor air quality and durability standards which insures they benefit homeowners by combining Shaw’s environmentally responsible flooring with the energy-efficient homes built to the Environments For Living program guidelines.
“We are committed to continued leadership in corporate sustainability in the flooring industry, and we fulfill that commitment through our strong foundation of great people, enterprise capabilities and the innovatively designed products which our customers value and enjoy each and every day,” said Rick Ramirez, Shaw's vp of sustainability and environmental affairs.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...