Laneve explains Bloomie’s catalog strategy
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/13/2008 2:03:00 PM
New York – Although Bloomingdale’s will discontinue its Bloomingdale’s by Mail catalog early next year in favor of its internet efforts, it will continue with “bHome” in home furnishings, “HOT” in apparel and an array of other store traffic-drivers.
bHome, which launched last year, is designed to increase in-store footfalls by showcasing fashion-forward merchandise for specific seasons, explained Joe Laneve, senior vp, gmm for home. Typically, bHome identifies a group of trends common to the home business and similar, but not necessarily parallel to, the apparel world. Merchandise is highlighted from home textiles to furniture and housewares in these themes, as well as other significant product launches.
Distribution is “to our best charge customers,” Laneve told HTT.
In home, Bloomie’s also will continue its monthly catalogs across the 40-unit department store chain, he noted. Bloomingdale’s marketing division internally produces bHome, HOT and the monthly catalogs.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...