Riverdale to create patriotic dec pillows
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/8/2001 12:00:00 AM
MONTGOMERY, AL —
Domestic manufacturer of decorative pillows Riverdale Decorative Products, based here, is in the process of creating a new line of pillows featuring patriotic designs. But more importantly, a portion of all profits from the collection will be donated to a series of charities aiding the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks.
"We've had several customers asking us what we had in terms of patriotic product; and we did have some, but it was all sold out," explained Cheryl McLain, vp, merchandising and marketing. "So we've pitched in by creating three new patterns."
Two of the new patterns, designed by in-house Riverdale designers, are "God Bless America" — a design featuring American flags waving in the wind with the "God Bless America" posted in the center; and "Lest We Forget" — a stylized version of the former New York skyline with the Twin Towers and the Statue of Liberty at the foreground with a waving flag.
The third design is by artist Annie LaPoint. LaPoint's design, titled "Growing Patriotism," features her signature topiary plants growing in patriotically painted pots.
All the pillows come in the 13" x 17" size, are made of tapestry or printed cotton and are produced at Riverdale's factory here.
Price points average $14.99 to $19.99 and target mid-tier department and gift stores.
Riverdale is also producing a collection of printed cotton tote bags and decorative pillows titled "Stars and Stripes." A portion of the profits from this collection will also go toward donations to Sept. 11 attack charities.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...