Ikea recruitment fair promotes balance
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/12/2004 12:00:00 AM
TEMPE, Ariz. — To underscore its work/life balance philosophy, Ikea will hold a job fair here at a resort.
The July 24 fair — at which Ikea will be scouting to fill 400 store- and warehouse-related positions — will offer free childcare, a lunch coupon to the first 100 qualified job applicants and a drawing for a free weekend at the Pointe South Mountain Resort, where the fair is taking place.
"We realize that people have hectic schedules and extensive commitments that can make it extremely challenging to pursue a career opportunity," said Joseph Roth, the retailer's director of expansion public affairs. The Tempe fair is intended to make the job hunt process "a little easier to juggle, as well as a fund day out, which is what our Ikea stores are all about," he said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...