Torcello created to produce Designers Guild line
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/23/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK — Torcello LLC has been formed as a joint venture between Legacy Linens of Chantilly, Va., and Libretto Holdings here to manufacture and market the Designers Guild bedding line in the United States.
Libretto, owned by Thomas Cushing, obtained the Designers Guild license for stationary and paper goods in the United States, and expanded that business to include fashion accessories for adults and children in America and globally.
The distinctive Designers Guild bedding created by Tricia Guild will be manufactured by Legacy using designs "that are the same in principle as the European styles," Guild explained. "We are adapting some things, and we're open to doing special colors," she added.
The American collection features eight printed beds, four or five embroideries and two wovens. There also is a collection of nine kids' beds. The embroideries are done in China and the prints and wovens are Italian-made.
Price points are $115 for the twin prints; and $135 for the twin embroideries and wovens, Guild said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...