Wal-Mart taps Stuckey for product development
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/31/2004 12:00:00 AM
BENTONVILLE, ARK. —
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. has appointed Karen Stuckey senior vice president of product development for Wal-Mart Stores, USA, effective July 12.
Stuckey formerly served as group president, Sara Lee branded apparel casualwear and emerging business for Sara Lee Corporation.
She will report to Claire Watts, who was recently named executive vice president of merchandising for Wal-Mart Stores, USA.
"We are pleased to add Karen Stuckey's expertise to our Wal-Mart team," said Mike Duke, president and CEO of Wal-Mart Stores, USA.
"Karen's strong and diverse retail background and prior product development experience will no doubt help us continue our success in the private brand arena," he added.
In her new role, Stuckey will be responsible for the design, quality standards and positioning of Wal-Mart's private brands in general merchandise. Her area of oversight will include all Wal-Mart Stores, supercenters and neighborhood markets in the United States.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...