Hunter Douglas chief recognized by MAN
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/4/2001 12:00:00 AM
UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ – Marvin Hopkins, president and ceo of Hunter Douglas, was recently honored by Minority Athletes Networking etc. Inc. (MAN).
Hopkins received the 2001 Humanitarian Award for his work in establishing the Jerry Fuchs Memorial Making-a-Difference Scholarship for the youth-mentoring organization and for assisting with the mentoring program.
New York Giants running back Tiki Barber and defensive tackle Keith Hamilton were also honored. Both received the 2001 MAN of the Year award. Ceremonies were held during the organization's Spring Gala, held at the Marriott Glenpoint Hotel in Teaneck, NJ.
"We at Hunter Douglas are proud to support an organization that has a positive impact on the course of young lives in New York's tri-state area," Hopkins said.
The late Fuchs was a former chairman of Hunter Douglas, which manufactures hard window coverings, and was also a previous honoree who initiated the company's involvement with MAN. More than 130 high school and college students have received money from the scholarship fund so far.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...