Dollar General seeks home gmm
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/10/2006 1:09:00 PM
Goodlettsville, Tenn. – Dollar General has placed its merchandising functions under two general merchandise managers who will report to Beryl Buley, division president of merchandising, marketing and supply chain. Rita Branham has been named senior vp, gmm of consumables. A search is underway for a second senior vp, gmm for the apparel, home and seasonal categories. Rick McNeely, vp/dmm of seasonal, and two additional dmms, to be named, will report to Buley in the interim.
"The realignment reflects our commitment to improving merchandising and reinforcing our leadership among small-box value discounters," said Buley.
Branham, a 24-year veteran at Dollar, has been a leader on the merchandising team for most of her tenure. Two divisional merchandising managers will report to Branham, including John Cosma, another Dollar General veteran, who has been promoted to vp /dmm of food and perishables. A second dmm, overseeing non-food consumables, will be named at a later date.
The company also appointed Tim Money vp of forecasting and inventory planning, Branham’s former position. Money previously served as the director of retail planning and allocation/merchandise presentation at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...