Overstock makes changes at the top
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/26/2006 12:18:00 PM
Salt Lake City – Overstock.com, the online closeout site, has appointed Patrick Byrne chairman and ceo, and Jason Lindsey president and chief operating officer. Jack Byrne, Overstock.com's prior chairman and father of Patrick Byrne, was named deputy chairman.
Patrick Byrne was previously the company’s president.
Lindsey served as Overstock.com's cfo from 1999 until he retired in August 2003, and as president from April 2003 until his retirement in August 2003. He has also served on the Overstock.com board for much of the company's history.
Jack Byrne, a former chief executive officer of White Mountain Insurance Group, GEICO and Fireman's Fund, served as an Overstock.com director from October 1999 until October 2002, and then rejoined the board in June 2004. He served as Overstock.com's chairman from August 2005 until April 2006.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...