Glen Raven shifts focus to high-performance fabrics
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 5/21/2001 12:00:00 AM
GLEN RAVEN, NC — Glen Raven Decorative Fabrics has changed its product and marketing direction, now focusing on fabrics made of high-performance solution-dyed acrylic fibers.
Glen Raven is the parent company and producer of Sunbrella acrylic fabrics for outdoor use.
The new thrust, said Dave Swers, business manager for furnishings fabrics, will emphasize the cleanability and lightfastness of the fabrics for residential and hospital/contract uses. "We are designers for the residential market with hands, looks and finishes for their specific needs," Swers said.
Furniture, pillows and cushions will be the major product end uses to start. "We will have our own team of designers for this business and will use the talents of Randy Trull as a consultant," Swers added. Trull is a consultant to the outdoor division.
Sunbury Textile Mills, which has been producing a high-end line of Sunbrella decorative fabrics for a number of years, will continue in this role, Swers emphasized. "We will be more performance-oriented, and offer more body cloths for furniture. The hands will be different. Sunbury will offer more exclusives, and small runs."
For Showtime in July, the new program will offer some 120 skus for both stock and special-order needs, Swers said. Price points in the new program will be lower than the Sunbury fabrics.
In addition, Ralph Allen, product manager, residential and contract, has left the firm.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...