Wal-Mart Taps Cornell to Helm Sam's Club
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/23/2009 12:00:00 AM
Bentonville, Ark. —
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. has hired Brian Cornell, 50, as president and ceo of Sam's Club, effective April 3, reporting to Wal-Mart president and ceo Mike Duke.
The move follows the Feb. 1 naming of former Sam's Club chief Doug McMillon to president and ceo of Wal-Mart International.
Cornell joins the $46.8 billion, 602-unit membership warehouse chain after more than 20 years in retail and consumer products. He was most recently ceo of crafts retailer Michael's Stores, and previously held executive posts at grocer Safeway and at PepsiCo.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...