Pithawalla Wins Nepalese Rug Contest
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/23/2005 12:00:00 AM
Meher Pithawalla of Gurnee, Ill., received $500 from Oscar Isberian Rugs for her first place design called Lhasa in a Nepalese rug design competition, sponsored by Oscar Isberian Rugs and the Harrington College of Design.
The contest called for students to design a 6-by-9 contemporary or traditional Nepalese rug.
Also honored were second place winner Tom Hurd, of Chicago, and third place winner, R.J. Reynertson, of Chicago. Each received $250.
The 10 best designs will be hand woven in Nepal and auctioned off during the fall semester.
All profits above $500 will go toward student tuition wavers. In addition, a portion of the profits will be donated to charity.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...