Showtime to add window fashion segment
Will debut at June fabric fair in High Point
-- Home Textiles Today, 4/13/2009 9:40:00 AM
High Point, N.C.— June's Showtime fabric fair here will add a new market segment featuring exhibitors that supply workrooms and manufacturers of window fabrics and bedding.
The International Textile Market Association, producer of the twice-a-year show, is expanding into the segment with a pavilion is sponsored by Grace McNamara Inc., producer of Vision09: International Window Coverings Expo and publisher of Window Fashion Vision magazine.
The pavilion will include a trend sampling area, which will exhibit the latest window fashion products and will show global trends influencing window fashion design and innovation, the association said. The next Showtime is scheduled for June 7 to 10.
ITMA director Catherine Morsell said the textiles group wants to support all segments of home furnishings and manufacturers who attend Showtime. She said she expects the window treatment pavilion will help serve that purpose.
"The buyers who attend our show are diverse and we believe this addition will add value for window fashion manufacturers, bedding manufacturers, workrooms, retailers and more," she said.
Shannon Leclair, director of partnerships for GMI, said the window design communications firm is "excited to have this opportunity to showcase window fashion trends and bring awareness and create buzz about the window fashion industry as a whole."
Leclair also said GMI is interested in future partnerships with ITMA's educational outreach. This partnership may expand into educational elements that incorporate Window Fashion Vision into the ITMA student program Concept to Consumer, as well as possible CEU education tracks for attendees.
Reported by Gary Evans for HTT’s sister publication Furniture Today.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...