Polo Ralph Lauren to be honored at NRF 2010 convention
-- Home Textiles Today, 10/30/2009 8:59:00 AM
Washington – The National Retail Federation will present its Gold Medal Award to Polo Ralph Lauren during its annual convention luncheon Jan. 12.
The award, given to individuals who have served the industry with distinction and achieved a national reputation for excellence, will be accepted by Roger Farah, president and coo. From 1994 to 2000, Farah was chairman and ceo of Venator Group. Prior to that, he served as president and coo of Macy’s Inc., chairman and ceo of Federated Merchandising Services, and chairman and ceo of Rich’s Department Stores. He also held several executive positions at Saks Fifth Avenue.
The Retail Innovator of the Year award will go to Tony Hsieh, ceo of Zappos.com, who oversaw the growth of the online retailer’s sales from $1.6 million in 2000 to more than $1 billion in 2008.
The International Retailer of the Year will go to Tadashi Yanai, chairman and ceo of Fast Retailing Co. Ltd. of Japan, the holding company that owns the Uniqlo chain of casual wear stores as well as Link Theory Holdings Co. and Nelson Finances.
The Silver Plaque will go to Dave Ratner, president of Dave’s Soda Pet City, a four-store merchant of pet supplies, pet treats and soda.
NRF’s Annual Convention and EXPO will take place in New York from Jan. 10-13 at the Jacob Javits Center.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...