WPS gets bankruptcy emergence extension
-- Home Textiles Today, 12/6/2004 12:00:00 PM
WEST POINT, Ga. — Seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, and approaching the final stages of negotiations with its creditors, WestPoint Stevens has received from a U.S. Bankruptcy Court a further extension of its exclusive right to come up with a plan of reorganization that will allow it to emerge from Chapter 11. The new date is Jan. 20, 2005 .
M.L. "Chip" Fontentot, WestPoint CEO, said, "We are nearing the final stage of negotiations with our creditors regarding our exit from bankruptcy. We continue to be hopeful this process will be concluded in the first quarter of 2005."
In the meantime, Fontenot said, "WestPoint Stevens is maintaining excellent customer service levels and continues to enjoy ample financial flexibility."
WestPoint filed for bankruptcy protection from its creditors on June 1, 2003 .
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...