Bob Lester, designer for Creative Bath, dies
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/13/2007 12:26:00 PM
New York – Noted home textiles designer Bob Lester died on August 20. Lester, 79, succumbed to ALS, known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Before becoming a designer in the home textiles world, Lester was a talented muralist. He joined Ames, a former bath home textiles manufacturer, and later moved to the former C.S. Brooks.
Lester joined Creative Bath in 1989 and was creative director there for 11 years. He retired in 2000. In 2000 he was named Designer of the Year by the Home Fashion Products Association.
He retired to his winter home in Granada and spent his summers in New York and Europe.
Said Mat Meinzinger, ceo of Creative Bath, “At Creative Bath we were all deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Bob Lester. Bob will always be remembered as a first class gentleman, a fine employee, and a fantastic designer.
“From 1989 to 2000, Bob was Creative’s design director and consistently was honored for his design accomplishments. His most notable, and now famous, design was the Belvedere bath collection which he developed in 1991 and is still selling today,” Meinzinger said.
Nick Colwill, a designer based in the U.K., commented, “Bob became a mentor to me when I first started out nearly 30 years ago and remained a good friend over the years. He was a true gentleman, always modest and with impeccable taste. He will be very much missed by his many friends in New York and Europe.”
Lester is survived by a sister.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...