Hollander Home goes contemporary
By Michele SanFilippo -- Home Textiles Today, 8/30/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Hollander Home Fashions will highlight four design trends in bedding at the fall New York Home Textiles Market: Chic Retreat, Far East Fusion, Fiesta Latina and Garden Party.
Chic Retreat caters to a soft modern contemporary style with such looks as a tone-on-tone loop-stitch embroidery pattern with black detail, a few wave motifs and an appliquéd geometric in neutral colors. Far East Fusion offers an updated Eastern motif in a mid-tone palette with such details as animal prints, Asian-inspired blossoms, and strie paired with microsuede and a lattice miter.
Fiesta Latina emerges again this market with whimsy, fashion colors and stripes for an ethnic feel. The group experiments with tufted chenille in dots, stripes and patterns and focuses on silhouettes, both silk screen and block print.
Garden Party features fresh color in a more modern approach, mixing in apparel fabrics. There are still jacquards offered, however they are more streamlined and fabrics are lighter weight.
"There's a lot of optimism and a shift in color direction," said Glenda Heffer, Hollander's design director. "Buyers are looking for fun, fresh colors and want to liven up the bedroom. We are seeing more clean, fun and modern looks."
According to Heffer, everything in bedding is becoming more contemporary, streamlined and clean with bright yet livable tones. "Aqua and teal are a very important."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...