New President for NRF, Mullin Steps Down
-- Home Textiles Today, 3/22/2010 12:00:00 AM
The National Retail Federation has tapped Matt Shay to serve as president and ceo, a position that officially begins June 22.
He succeeds Tracy Mullin, who is retiring after 17 years as ceo.
Shay, who holds a law degree, began his career at the Ohio Council of Retail Merchants. He joined the International Franchise Association in 1993 and served in several positions of increasing responsibility, becoming president in 2004 and adding the ceo title in 2007.
The International Franchise Association represents more than 1,300 franchise companies around the world, including a number of retail firms.
“Retail is the lifeblood of our economy and with the challenges we face on Capitol Hill, the stakes have never been higher,” said Shay.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...