John Goodman to direct Sears Holding’s apparel and home biz
-- Home Textiles Today, 11/9/2009 12:55:00 PM
Hoffman Estates, Ill. – Kmart’s one-time chief of apparel and home has joined Sears Holdings as executive vp of apparel and home for both in-store and online merchandise. He will also serves as president of Kmart’s apparel devision until a hire can be made for that position.
He will be based on San Francisco, where Sears Holding will open a new office.
Goodman was most recently ceo for apparel retailer Charlotte Russe. Goodman has also served as the president and ceo of Mervyn's department stores, as president of the Dockers brand at Levi Strauss and Co., and held a variety of leadership positions at Gap, Inc., where he played a key role in the launch of the Banana Republic and Old Navy outlet formats. He began his career with Bloomingdale's executive training program.
"We're extremely pleased to welcome John back to Sears Holdings and we're excited to be able to add a leader with his strengths and wealth of apparel experience to our team," said Bruce Johnson, interim ceo and president of Sears Holdings. "We are confident that John will help us attract additional talent to our company and we're looking forward to opening an office in San Francisco."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...