BBB: Divatex not among multi-ply suppliers
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/17/2008 11:16:00 AM
The list was issued as part of a settlement in a class action lawsuit involving thread count identification.
“While Divatex did sell Bed Bath & Beyond sheets during the time frame at issue in the lawsuit, these sheets were single ply product,” according to the retailer. “The inclusion of Divatex in the settlement documentation was inadvertent.”
While denying any wrongdoing, BBB said that under the settlement, for the next five years it will comply with ASTM standards that require thread counts to be labeled according to the number of yarns in a square inch of fabric, regardless of the number of plies, a standard that has also been adopted by the Federal Trade Commission.
Bed Bath & Beyond also agreed to compensate affected customers in the form of gift cards and discounts, depending on their purchase and ability to provide a receipt.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...