Lenzing Opens Fiber Plant in Nanjing
China Seen as Key Market
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/15/2007 12:00:00 AM
Nanjing, China —
Lenzing held a grand opening ceremony earlier this month for its new viscose fiber production plant here following several months of trial operation.
Lenzing (Nanjing) Fibers Co., Ltd. is a joint venture with Nanjing Chemical Fibre Co., Ltd. (NCFC), with Lenzing and NCFC holding 70% and 30% of the shares, respectively.The new plant, completed in less than two years, has an annual capacity of 60,000 tons of viscose fibers. It produces for both the textiles and non-wovens industries.
"For us, China is one of the key markets of the future. With our new fiber production plant we want to give a clear signal to our customers in China: Our strategy is long term. We will establish ourselves as a local producer," said Thomas Fahnemann, chairman of the Lenzing management board.
Lenzing Nanjing is Lenzing Group's sixth cellulose fiber plant and its second plant in Asia.
Over the past five years, China has become the largest producer as well as the biggest consumer of viscose fibers, according to the company.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...