By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/11/2003 12:00:00 AM
Hanover Direct shifts responsibilities
Hanover Direct will not fill the positions of chief merchandising officer for The Company Store division and president of Domestications, both of which had been held by Farley Nachemin. Nachemin recently joined Bed Bath & Beyond.
Instead, The Company Store Group president John DiFrancesco will absorb Nachemin's responsibilities, and Nachemin's two direct reports — Jim Whitehead, vp, merchandising, Domestications, and Lisa Simms, vp, merchandising, The Company Store — will now report to DiFrancesco.
Sears appoints trio to oversee Lands' End
Mindy Meads, Lee Eisenberg and Dennis Honan will oversee Lands' End following the resignation of David Dyer as president and ceo on Aug. 4. Dyer, who also served as executive vp and general manager of Sears Direct as well as The Great Indoors division, has since become president and ceo of Tommy Hilfiger.
Meads, Lands' End evp, merchandising and design, also became executive vp, soft lines for the full-line Sears stores in April. Eisenberg is Lands' End creative and administrative executive vp, and Honan is the division's coo.
Fred's realigns responsibilities
Fred's has promoted Charlie Brunjes to executive vp/gmm, overseeing all merchandising for the 486-store general merchandise chain. Keith Curtis has been named executive vp of store operations. Charlie Michael was named senior vp/dmm hardlines. He was most recently senior buyer for home furnishings, one of the company's fastest growing departments.
Home Depot promotes merchants
The Home Depot has promoted Bill Lennie to senior vp, decor, and Craig Menear to senior vp, hard lines. It also added merchandising to the current marketing duties of John Costello, who is now evp, merchandising and marketing. The moves came following the announcement that Jerry Edwards, evp, merchandising, will retire after 12 years at the company.
Lillian Vernon names new chief merchant
Alyce Goodman has been named evp and chief merchandising officer at Lillian Vernon Corp., where she will be responsible for all merchandising, product development, sourcing and creative services. She replaces Lina LoRusso, who left the company in May.
Reporting to Strauss Zelnick, ceo, Goodman joins the company from Ballard Designs, where she was evp of merchandising. She has also served as svp of merchandising at Hanover Direct, president of Clifford and Wills, a division of J. Crew, and vp of merchandising for Ann Taylor.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...