Delia's adds to exec team
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/29/2001 12:00:00 AM
New York — Delia's, the multi-channel retailer targeting teenage girls, has added or promoted five executives in its direct and marketing teams.
Luz Carrillo was appointed vp, direct marketing, overseeing the direct marketing and circulation planning for the catalog and Web channels. She has spent 15 years in the direct mail industry and her last position was director of marketing for Williams-Sonoma.
Kate Mortell was promoted to vp, print production and marketing logistics from her position of director of publishing for the direct channel. In her new position, she will manage printed and visual materials across all Delia's channels, including retail.
Richard Trimble was appointed director of inventory planning for the direct channel, overseeing all aspects of inventory management, analysis and control buying. With 20 years of experience, he most recently was assistant vp, inventory management, Dress Barn.
All three report to Evan Guillemin, ceo, who heads the direct division.
In addition, Julie Kurtzman was appointed to the new position of vp, public relations and strategic alliances, including celebrity and entertainment tie-ins. Kurtzman previously developed and oversaw the public relations and event group at Guess Inc.
Hope Wolman was appointed vp, marketing and strategic alliances, and is responsible for various marketing initiatives including the cultivation of partnerships with consumer goods companies.
Kurtzman and Wolman both report to Hilary Chasin, executive vp, marketing.
Andrea Weiss, president, said, "We remain committed to positioning the Delia's organization most appropriately for continued expansion. By strengthening our direct and marketing teams, we are ensuring we have the key people in place who will most effectively enable us to successfully execute our growth strategies."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...