Wearbest Accelerates Recycling
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/21/2007 12:00:00 AM
Garfield, N.J. —
Wearbest Sil-Tex Mills, the maker of Bella-Dura performance fabrics, is launching a fabric recycling program with its fiber supplier, American Fibers & Yarns (AF&Y).
Bella-Dura fabrics sent to the AF&Y facility in Bainbridge, Ga. will be implemented into a recycle stream which will produce a variety of durable and disposable goods that include among others, parts for automotive interiors, geotextiles, horticultural products, and water filtration fabrics.
Energy-saving manufacturing practices also are used throughout the recycling process.
Each yard of Bella-Dura fabric brought in for recycling is converted into inert black plastic pellets that are then converted into a range of end products.
The proprietary Bella-Dura fiber itself is a byproduct of post-industrial waste and the fiber can be extruded up to 10 times. The inert fiber has inherently stain resistant and anti-microbial properties.
Irwin Gasner, president and ceo of Wearbest, said, "One of the appealing factors to me in the three years of research and development of this fiber was the fact that Bella-Dura is environmentally friendly … that it can be recycled at the end of its life into other useful products."
"Our recycle stream differentiates itself from traditional waste streams, in that the plastic pellets are more cost-effective than virgin products without compromising the performance," remarked Jim Morelli, executive vp, AF&Y.
The recycling program now includes second-quality fabrics as well as unused design blankets.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...