NYIGF Boasts Double-Digit Attendance at Winter 2010 Event
-- Home Textiles Today, 2/22/2010 12:00:00 AM
White Plains, N.Y. —
The New York International Gift Fair (NYIGF) reported a double-digit increase in attendance at its show earlier this month.
Attendance reached more than 35,000, the NYIGF said.
The recent event comprised 2,700 exhibitors — 400 of them new to the show.
NYIGF also noted “significant out-of-region attendance,” with “strong international attendance” from Canada as well as Europe, South America, Australia and Asia. Domestically, retailers from all 50 U.S. states were represented. Of these, the largest gains came from surrounding states like New York, New Jersey and Connecticut as well as New England and the mid-Atlantic states.
As was announced during the recent show, changes to the event will begin in summer 2010. They include: the introduction of a new Baby+Child category; recategorization of NYIGF’s Handmade division into distinct Handmade Designer Maker and Handmade Global Resources classifications; and the reintroduction of New York’s Newest at Pier 92. The phased changes will be phased to synchronize with construction and renovation of the Javits Center, which is scheduled to be completed in summer 2013.
Other highlights of the winter 2010 market included the introduction of new business-to-business opportunities with the winter market debut of The Licensing Gallery @ NYIGF®, a showcase of artists, designers and licensing agents offering licensed artwork for product application in numerous industries.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...