Dan River to debut Aviva Stanoff
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/9/2005 12:42:00 PM
NEW YORK — Dan River is launching a new designer brand, Aviva Stanoff, which will debut Asian-inspired minimalist looks at the April New York Home Textiles Market.
The new program is about simplicity with an eye on texture and muted color palettes. It is geared toward specialty and department stores and will be priced competitively with such brands as Nicole Miller and Nautica. Queen comforter sets will retail for $229 to $299 and queen sheet sets for $99. Quilts, coverlets and duvets will also be offered.
Sheeting will be on 300-count ring-spun cotton and top-of-bed will feature a combination of fabrics designed to appeal to the fashion-conscious female age 20 to 60. The collection will encompass bedding, throws, decorative pillows and scatter rugs. Packaging will reflect Stanoff’s simplicity of design and clean-looking patterns.
Four to five patterns will be shown in April from a current lineup that includes: Stargazer, an organza overlay in browns and rust; Lemon Leaf, an embossed suede in blue tones; Tranquil, an olive satin burnout with an ombre effect; Lantern, an ink block design in plums; and Delicate, a sparse orchid print on a linen-like ground reversing to a grid.
According to Geri Wetmore, Dan River ’s vice president of lifestyle brand marketing and new business development, the introduction of the new designer "is a continuation of our mission to be more meaningful to the customer through expansion of brands and alternative top-of-bed products."
In other brands, Dan River is adding four new patterns to its Caribbean Joe and Country Living licenses and three new looks as well as bath mats in Lily Pulitzer. Its Marquis and Supreme Dimensions groups will feature a wide mix of textural pieced and printed beds.
In addition, Daniel Hammer, Dan River ’s executive vice president, added that the company will grow its sourcing to at least 50 percent by year’s end and plans to set up a China overseas office sometime this year bringing on new staff here as well as abroad.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...