Kathy Ireland Teams with Thank You Baby
By Tanya K. Merritte -- Home Textiles Today, 6/2/2008 12:00:00 AM
Kearney, Neb. —
Thank You Baby has signed a licensing deal to produce crib bedding and other infant accessories under the Kathy Ireland name.
Under the agreement, Thank You Baby plans to introduce several new collections at the ABC Expo in September under the Kathy Ireland Home by Thank You Baby brand name. In addition, all of Thank You Baby's current crib bedding and other infant-related products will be co-branded under the Kathy Ireland name, said Tracy George, president of Thank You Baby. The manufacturer's youth offerings will continue to be released under the Thank You Baby brand.
The deal adds to Kathy Ireland Worldwide's licensing relationships in youth bedding, rugs, lighting, furniture and other categories.
The sets being introduced at the ABC Expo are expected to be available in early 2009. George said the Kathy Ireland line will target a diverse group of retailers including big box, department stores and specialty boutiques.
"We will, however, offer exclusive collections for our big box and department [stores], so they are not competing with our smaller retailers and specialty boutiques," she said. "We will also still be offering custom collections to our specialty stores that will continue to be produced in the USA for this specifically."
Retail price points for existing four-piece collections start at $399, but George said pricing for the collections with be more competitive because of manufacturing changes.
(Reported by Tanya K. Merritte for HTT's sister publication Kids Today.)
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...