DuPont steps up marketing of Teflon
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/18/2000 12:00:00 AM
WILMINGTON, DE -DuPont plans to step up global marketing of its Teflon brand flouroprotectant. The move could help it capture market share that came up for grabs when 3M announced that it was withdrawing its Scotchguard fabric strain protection product from the market due to potential health concerns.
The company will announce its new marketing strategy during the first quarter of 2001, according to Teresa Kleinhans, global textiles manager. The program will replace DuPont's current strategy of employing a series of regional ad and PR agencies. "Now we're going to take a unified global approach for the textiles business," Kleinhans said.
The campaign will include business-to-business as well as consumer marketing initiatives, including retail signage that will debut in January and roll out by the beginning of the second quarter.
Since the 3M announcement, DuPont representatives have been out on the hustings to clarify the difference between 3M's withdrawn product-which used an electrochemical fluorination process-and its own Teflon solution, which uses a processing method called tetrafluoroethylene telomerization.
"We have picked up some business," Kleinhans said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...