Kmart names Blunck chief tech. officer
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/18/2000 12:00:00 AM
TROY, MI -Kmart Corporation announced that Richard Blunck will be joining the company as the chief technology and eBusiness officer.
In his newly created position, Blunck will report directly to Randy Allen, executive vp, strategic planning and cio. Blunck will be responsible for information technology strategic planing, identifying emerging technologies that support Kmart's business strategies and the technology interface with BlueLight.com, Kmart's consumer Web channel. He will also represent the mass merchant on the operating and executive committees on the WorldWide Retail Exchange.
"Richard Blunck will bring a wealth of talent and experience that will be instrumental as we implement new technology strategies," said Allen.
Blunck most recently worked for Deloitte Consulting as senior manager for Deloitte's eBusiness unit. Prior to that, he was a systems analyst with the Ford Motor Company and an associate instructor at Indiana University.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...