Tuesday Morning sees bedding solution to comp sag
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/25/2006 1:16:00 PM
Dallas – Keeping most details close to the vest, Tuesday Morning Corp. today alluded to plans that would play up better performing categories such as bedding and electronics.
"We have certain categories of merchandise that are continuing to give us double-digit comp store increases that are outside the seasonal area," said Kathleen Mason, president and ceo of the off-price retailer, during its first- quarter conference call today.
Mason also expected good results from some special buys in categories that are trending up, Mason said, such as a "sheet omnibus" – designer sheets and bedding -- that the retailer will pitch to customers in May. Advertising is also slated for enhancement.
Tuesday Morning nearly maintained profit levels even while comps dragged. For the first quarter, same-store sales were down 4.5%, while overall volume was up 1.2% to $187.8 million. Net income declined 2.9% to $6.5 million.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...