Pennington teams up with Sears
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/21/2004 12:00:00 AM
HOFFMAN ESTATES, ILL. —
Sears Roebuck is joining the ever-growing list of retailers with decorating gurus with its announcement last week that it has signed television personality Ty Pennington to a multi-year agreement.
Calling Pennnington "a perfect addition to Sears," Janine Bousquette, executive vice president, chief customer and marketing officer said Pennington will be involved across all facets of the company's activities, including marketing, product design and development, advertising and support for the Sears outreach programs.
Pennington, who is part of the television show "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," also has published his first book, "Ty's Tips", a mix of handyman tips and how-to projects. He joins other Sears' personality alliances: Bob Vila for Craftsman, Nick Stellino for Kenmore and Lucy Pereda for apparel.
During a conference call announcing the alliance, Bousquette declined to give any specifics regarding the timing or breadth of the initial efforts. "Details will follow," she said indicating that later this year specifics would be available and 2005 would see the fruits of his first efforts. She added "Ty has expertise in a variety of design areas in home products."
Pennington who uses Sears products in home makeovers on the show said, "It's incredible to see Sears products in use" in homes. "This will be a hands-on partnership," he added.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...