Valdese Ups Recycled Content
Teams with Unifi for Yarns
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/8/2007 12:00:00 AM
Greensboro, N.C. —
The Valdese Weavers Contract division has implemented a new standard requiring a minimum of 45% recycled content across the entire Contract product line, which includes more than 400 new patterns each year.
To satisfy this new standard, Valdese Weavers will utilize Repreve brand 100% recycled yarns by Greensboro-based Unifi, Inc., a diversified producer and processor of multi-filament textured yarns.
Valdese said that based on using a minimum of 45% Repreve in all fabrics, each linear yard of fabric produced will conserve the equivalent of one quarter-gallon of gasoline.
"Repreve is the newest generation of recycled products available in the market and has enabled Valdese Weavers to move forward with our efforts in standardizing and expanding recycled content throughout our products," said Blake Millinor, vp of Valdese Weavers Contract.
"Valdese Weavers is taking an aggressive approach to environmental sustainability by setting this standard and we are happy to support their efforts to conserve our earth's natural resources," said Roger Berrier, vp of commercial operations for Unifi.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...