Dec pillows stand out
Staff Report -- Home Textiles Today, 10/29/2001 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Brentwood Originals, Ashford Court and Newport were some of the brightest stars in the decorative pillow category at market, according to buyers.
Giving these manufacturers — and others like Riverdale and Fashion Industries — that extra shine were tropical looks, innovative embellishments and fashion colorways.
"The two big themes at market were patriotism and Tommy Bahama looks. Brentwood, one of my main companies, showed a lot in them, as did Fashion Pillows."
buyer, decorative pillows and window coverings
"The whole Tahitian island look in prints and tapestries was big. I saw good product at Newport. Riverdale had some nice ones. Fashion Industries had a nice tropical theme. And Ashford Court had very nice pillows in their showroom, too."
Meier & Frank
"Brentwood made the biggest impression. Their new colors were great, including lilac, light blue and light yellow, as well as gingham looks. They've really taken a new direction in their assortment."
Pat Stagner gmm
"We continue to see everybody adding more embellishments and trim, and that's really great. It gives the consumer some added value, something they can really grab on to, whether it's special cording, embroidery or whatever. I thought Newport looked good, and Ashford Court, both of them with very opulent trims and a lot of great detailing and bead work."
"One of my buyers mentioned that she was really pleased with Newport's and Ashford Court's line."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...