Bring on the brides — JCP registry preps for debut
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/23/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK — JCPenney yesterday evening provided a sneak peak here of its new wedding registry program and product line from celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie.
The tabletop and table linen program is just one piece of Cowie's partnership with Penney's new bridal registry program, which will launch in September.
Penney's registry is being set up to provide service as well as a gift list for brides-to-be. Registrants will receive trend reports tailored to their wedding season, along with information about how to select food, fashion, flowers, vacations and other details.
They will also receive a comprehensive wedding planner; and can order everything from personalized invitations to fresh flowers for the table settings, the wedding cake and recorded music selections tailored to the cocktail reception, dinner hour and after-dinner dancing.
"We're going to provide the American bride with a great wedding — and stay with her after that wedding to become part of her life," said Charlie Chinni, JCPenney executive vice president and general merchandise manager for home, fine jewelry and family footwear.
Cowie's inaugural tabletop collection includes dinnerware, flatware, glasses, linens, barware sets, candles, vases and coasters.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...