Aceco goes wild with beach towel line
By Cecile B. Corral -- Home Textiles Today, 3/10/2003 12:00:00 AM
NEWARK, NJ —
Beach and bath towel and sheet set supplier Aceco Mills has signed a licensing agreement with artist William "Schimm" Schimmel.
Aceco's Schimmel Beach Towel collection will launch at the spring New York market. It will include reproductions of about 11 of Schimmel's wildlife-themed works of art. Schimmel, who lives and works in Arizona, has described his work as environmental visionary surrealism. His father was well-known for his watercolor paintings.
The collection will be made by towel manufacturer Hilasal in El Salvador, according to Aceco Mills president Johnson Liu. The construction will be 100 percent cotton fiber-reactive with 3-D photographic printing.
The collection is targeted at specialty stores and souvenir shops of major theme parks nationwide, places like Busch Gardens, Sea World and Six Flags, according to Liu.
The 30" x 60" towels, which weigh 11 pounds per dozen, are set to retail for $14.99 to $19.99. The 40" x 70" towels, at 16 pounds per dozen, are set to retail for $24.99 to $29.99.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...